Position Title: Senior Coordinator, Sponsorship & Conferences
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
Reports to: Managing Director, Sponsorship and Conferences
Company Background: The Managed Funds Association, based in Washington, DC, New York, and Brussels, represents the global alternative asset management industry. MFA’s mission is to advance the ability of alternative asset managers to raise capital, invest, and generate returns for their beneficiaries. MFA advocates on behalf of its membership and convenes stakeholders to address global regulatory, operational, and business issues. MFA’s more than 160 member firms collectively manage nearly $2 trillion across a diverse group of investment strategies.
Position Summary: MFA is seeking a Senior Coordinator, Sponsorship and Conferences will work with the Managing Director, Sponsorship and Conferences and other teams on the execution of MFA’s main conferences in New York, Chicago, Miami, California, London, and Paris. They will also help to organize MFA seminars, committee meetings, forums and partner events in both New York and Washington, D.C.
The Senior Coordinator will organize and manage sponsorship and registration platforms for our global conferences. In addition, engage with the Association’s Board of Directors and members directly in coordinating these events and in a client service capacity. This role will work closely with the Managing Director, Sponsorships and Conferences on registration, budgeting, and execution of all Association conferences as well as seminars and events.
Essential Responsibilities: Under manager direction, perform the following responsibilities:
- Works with Association management team on membership initiatives linked to six conferences.
- Conference platform management including supervision of registration, speaker communication, collection of bios, photos, and release forms.
- Supervise website to add programming, event content, update speakers and sponsors using WordPress as needed.
- Collaborate with creative vendors to develop program artwork and branding collateral. Manage sponsor collateral needs.
- Develop and maintain internal event related materials to ensure consistency of messaging and brand.
- Assist in management of hotel room block, pick up reports and rooming list, including management of allowable attrition through contracted cutoff date.
- Communicate hotel accommodation details and deadlines to conference attendees.
- Liaise with vendor contracts and managing selected vendor relationships.
- Sponsor fulfillment for 30 to 40 sponsors for four conferences per year including sending confirmation packet, collection of logos and company descriptions, ordering promotional items such as bags, lanyards and arranging signage and recognition on-site.
- Manages conference registration platform and execution pre-conference and on-site.
- Assists in the development of a marketing plan for individual conferences, events, webinars.
- Assists in budgeting for six major conferences.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of conference or events planning preferably with a financial services organization.
- Experience in managing event registration and CRMs.
- Event budgeting experience.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exemplary organization and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a focus on member and attendee service.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to learn membership databases and manage website using a basic content management system.
- Command of the latest communication channels and trends (social media, interactive portals, etc.) and tactics for effective use of each.
- Travel is required four to five times per year.