Position Title: Senior Coordinator, Membership Services
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
Reports to: Vice President, Membership Services & Investor Relations
Company Background: The Managed Funds Association, based in Washington, DC, New York, and Brussels, represents the global alternative asset management industry. MFA’s mission is to advance the ability of alternative asset managers to raise capital, invest, and generate returns for their beneficiaries. MFA advocates on behalf of its membership and convenes stakeholders to address global regulatory, operational, and business issues. MFA’s more than 160 member firms collectively manage nearly $2 trillion across a diverse group of investment strategies.
Position Summary: MFA is seeking a Senior Coordinator, Membership Services to provide overall support for the organization’s membership activities. The role assists with measuring and improving membership engagement, member programming and prospect outreach. This position works closely in supporting the membership activities and goals of the COO, VP of Membership & Investor Services, and wider firm.
Essential Responsibilities: The Senior Coordinator, Membership Services will report directly to the Vice President, Membership and Investor Services and under their direction, perform the following responsibilities:
- Assists with measuring and improving membership engagement, member programming and prospect outreach.
- Supports MFA’s member retention activity and development of ideas, programs, and initiatives, to help improve member development and retention, including regular and ad hoc reporting relating to membership.
- Supports MFA’s new member business development.
- Maintains close working relationship with Finance & Accounting to ensure accuracy of membership related data and assist with invoicing.
- Other responsibilities as assigned including, member event support and special projects.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years in a membership related role or similar with a financial services organization.
- Experience with member databases and CRMs.
- Portrays leadership, a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and collaborative work style
- Strong organization skills, including ability to engage in short- and long-term work planning as an individual and with team.
- Ability to build relationships across teams and stakeholders.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to translate complex concepts into compelling and audience-appropriate terms without losing accuracy.
- Ability to create strong, visually effective visualizations and presentation for a variety of audiences, including proficiency with analysis and visualization software.
- Commitment to data-driven improvement cycles founded in strong evidence.
- Produce high quality work product in a timely manner.
- Proactive orientation on all aspects of the role.
- Reliability and consistency in the execution of specific responsibilities.