Position Title: Director, Membership Services
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
Reports to: Vice President, Membership and Investor Services
Company Background: The Managed Funds Association, based in Washington, DC, New York, and Brussels, represents the global alternative asset management industry. MFA’s mission is to advance the ability of alternative asset managers to raise capital, invest, and generate returns for their beneficiaries. MFA advocates on behalf of its membership and convenes stakeholders to address global regulatory, operational, and business issues. MFA’s more than 160 member firms collectively manage nearly $2 trillion across a diverse group of investment strategies.
Position Summary: The ideal candidate is member-centric and understands how to effectively communicate an organization’s value proposition. The role is responsible for assisting in the management and execution of the overall membership strategy, inclusive of new member origination, existing member relationship management, and service provider coverage. This individual will work closely with all internal teams to deliver the full Managed Funds platform to members with best-in-class service.
Essential Responsibilities: The Director, Membership Services will report directly to the Vice President, Membership and Investor Services and under their direction, perform the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a point of contact for the Managed Funds Association Partnership Program, working with state level trade associations to develop programming, work with the advisory council, serve members of the local community and contribute to overall program strategy.
- Support membership origination and current member retention, including marketing roadshows to support growth in the fund manager and service provider segments comprised of membership and sponsorship.
- Contribute to the design of effective tools and messaging to demonstrate MFA’s value proposition to potential members and ensure that all stakeholder material clearly communicates the organization’s value.
- Contribute to the development of customized marketing materials for individual prospective
- Manage membership inquiries and assess how best to respond proactively across the Association’s teams.
- Utilize the organization’s CRM database to ensure accurate data collection, widespread adoption across the organization, and the generation of ideas for improvements, performance metrics and data analytics.
- Establish new member relationships across United States, Europe and Asia across various industry segments and geographies.
- Collect and analyze market research to track, measure and prioritize potential members.
- Support team in the management of existing member relationships across the MFA membership.
- Work collaboratively across the organization’s functional areas as a tenacious advocate for the member experience, while also being aware of how to advance business and mission priorities.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in a client-driven organization, including account management and/or client service experience.
- Experience in working with fund managers, intermediaries and/or institutional investors.
- Demonstrate rapid fluency in major policy priorities of the Association’s member firms.
- Ability to contribute data-driven insight into member development activities, working fluently with a CRM across the organization.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills with commitment to a high level of customer service and follow-up.
- Proficient skills using MS Office Suite.
- Driven self-starter who works effectively and efficiently with colleagues and members at all levels in the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with tact and ability to creatively solve problems and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.