Position Title: Director, Content and Programming
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Vice President, Head of Content and Programming
The Managed Funds Association, based in Washington, DC and New York, represents the global alternative investment industry by advocating for public policies that foster efficient, transparent, fair capital markets, and competitive tax and regulatory structures. The key stakeholders the Association interacts with include hedge fund manager members, industry partners, media, policymakers (U.S. and EU), existing and potential industry investors, and the general public.
The Director of Content and Programming will be a part of the larger Membership, Investor Relations, and Conference/Events team and will lead the development of major conference programming, panel development, and content preparation for all nine major MFA conferences as well as selected seminars and peer-to-peer forums. That individual will help build advisory boards for six conferences and will also be focused on maintaining and expanding MFA’s investor connectivity with the institutional allocator community. The Director of Content and Programming will also be responsible for working to simultaneously program upcoming events and actively seek out the most innovative and compelling program speakers under the direction of the Vice President, Head of Content and Programming. The role also includes responsibility for the design and content of the on-site materials and end-of-event surveys and analysis and preparing scripts and remarks for MFA leadership for all major conferences.
The Director of Content and Programming will work closely with the Association’s leadership team to program content around key policy, macroeconomic and operational issues and engage with the Association’s members and sponsors on various topics. The director will also work with the Vice President of Content and Programming and with the Vice President of Conferences & Events, as well as members of the executive team on all aspects of event programming, thought leadership and partner sponsorship.
- Lead content and programming initiatives for selected conferences, seminars, and peer-to-peer forums at the Association. Develop and execute marketing strategy for each of the individual conferences with specific revenue targets.
- Conduct speaker recruitment and develop relevant, high-impact, and innovative program content and relevant research.
- Support and build sponsorship of major conferences with an eye toward integrating content and sponsorship where applicable.
- Support leadership in seeking out global and multi-event partnerships to increase revenue for the organization. Build and manage advisory boards for MFA’s nine major conferences in the U.S. and EU.
- Support engagement with the institutional investor community and audience development for conferences.
- Manage content development and panel preparation for all conference panel participants as well as keynote speakers.
- Lead research for panel and seminar ideas and outlines.
- Write on-site scripts and program materials for MFA leadership for conferences and relevant seminars.
- Write and collaborate on all content for event advertisements, online marketing, and social media outreach Manage on-site speaker engagement, speaker registration, and panel logistics at each event.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in finance, business, journalism, or a related discipline is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of programming, marketing and/ or communications experience, preferably within the financial services or private sector.
- Experience developing and executing programming for events focused on the financial services space and a solid understanding of the investor and fund manager universe for alternatives.
- Excellent knowledge of the latest communication channels and trends (social media, interactive portals, etc.) and tactics for effective use of each.A good understanding of the financial services industry and a history of effective communication with investors, regulators, and/or clients.
- Self-starter who can build strong working relations with colleagues, MFA members, and external partners.
- Superior research, writing, editing, and verbal presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with tact and ability to creatively solve problems using excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task projects in a fast-paced environment.Ability to excel under pressure and implement last-minute details and changes confidently.