Position Title: Coordinator, Operations
Location: Washington, DC (Hybrid)
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Company Background: The Managed Funds Association, based in Washington, DC, New York, and Brussels, represents the global alternative asset management industry. MFA’s mission is to advance the ability of alternative asset managers to raise capital, invest, and generate returns for their beneficiaries. MFA advocates on behalf of its membership and convenes stakeholders to address global regulatory, operational, and business issues. MFA’s more than 160 member firms collectively manage nearly $2 trillion across a diverse group of investment strategies.
Position Summary: The Coordinator, Operations is responsible for providing administrative and organizational support to the Chief Operating Officer and Operations team.
- Provide strong administrative and organizational support to the Chief Operating Officer and Operations team.
- Manage the planning and execution of key meetings, including content preparation and coordination with meeting participants to compile materials, scheduling, and logistics.
- Arrange domestic and international travel arrangements to facilitate meetings with the association’s members, Board of Directors, and others.
- Provide invoice support and manage business expenses in a timely manner, includes verifying charges, facilitating approval process, and reporting.
- Document and record key meetings involving members, Board of Directors, and prospective members in the organization’s internal customer relationship management platform.
- Engage with members and internal teams on various matters, while maintaining strict confidentiality with all information acquired.
- Prepare, organize, and distribute official correspondence as directed.
- Coordinate office maintenance requests, receive mail/deliveries, process shipments, and maintain office supply inventory.
- Ensure café is kept clean and stocked, coordinate staff meals.
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Provide administrative support to other internal teams, as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is desired.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing administrative support at a trade association experience or similar experience. Financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, think ahead, problem solve, and engage proactively, as well as work as part of a collaborative team with tact, and creativity.
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills and participate in new projects.