Position Title: Coordinator, Conferences & Membership
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
Reports to: Managing Director, Sponsorship and Conferences and Vice President, Membership and Investor Services
Company Background: The Managed Funds Association, based in Washington, DC, New York, and Brussels, represents the global alternative asset management industry. MFA’s mission is to advance the ability of alternative asset managers to raise capital, invest, and generate returns for their beneficiaries. MFA advocates on behalf of its membership and convenes stakeholders to address global regulatory, operational, and business issues. MFA’s more than 160 member firms collectively manage nearly $2 trillion across a diverse group of investment strategies.
Position Summary: The role will provide administrative support to the Managing Director, Sponsorship & Conferences and the Vice President, Membership and Investor Services, assist in the coordination and execution of the organization’s conferences, and support membership activities.
Essential Responsibilities: Under manager direction, perform the following responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Managing Director, Sponsorship & Conferences and the Vice President, Membership and Investor Services.
- Support the planning and execution of key meetings, including content preparation and coordination with meeting participants to compile materials, scheduling, and logistics.
- Document and record the key meetings involving members and prospective members in the organization’s internal CRM platform.
- Manage and submit business expenses and invoices in a timely manner, includes verifying charges, facilitating approval process, and reporting.
- Coordinate across MFA offices working closely with other coordinators to schedule meetings with NY-based and other Leadership team members and members and prospective members of MFA.
- Assist with registration, invitation, and meeting notes, utilizing company CRM platform.
- Arrange domestic and international travel arrangements to facilitate individual and group meetings.
- Serve as primary membership and logistics support on NY-based and virtual events including invitations, registration, catering, set-up/clean-up, meeting materials, and on-site support; manage MFA events calendar.
- Coordinate office maintenance requests and assist with IT troubleshooting, receive mail/deliveries, process shipments, and maintain office supply inventory.
- Ensure café is kept clean and stocked, coordinate staff meals.
- Assist with conference logistics, AV, and Day of Support, including distribution and tracking of conference codes on behalf of MFA board, strategic partners, and sponsors.
- Provide administrative support to other internal teams, as needed;
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in administrative support at an association, or related experience. Financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented culture that values the importance of being a good teammate, communicator and partner.
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, think ahead, problem solve, and engage proactively.
- High level of professionalism and attention to details. Eager to learn new skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task projects in a fast-paced environment.