Vice President, Membership Development
Position Title: Vice President, Membership Development
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Position Summary: The Vice President, Membership Development is responsible for executing the overall membership strategy, inclusive of the following: new member origination, existing member relationship management, interfacing with the Association’s membership committee, new member onboarding and membership database quality and usage. This individual will work closely with internal departments to support programs, events and member interactions with the goal of elevating member value, enhancing awareness of MFA’s brand, and advancing the mission of the Association.
Essential Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Chief Commercial Officer, the Vice President, Membership Development will perform the following duties:
- Develop, execute, report and measure the overall membership strategy of the Association;
- Develop and execute membership origination and retention plan, including marketing campaigns, to support growth in the fund manager and service provider segments;
- Contribute to the design of effective tools and messages to demonstrate the value proposition to potential members and ensure that all stakeholder material clearly communicates these messages;
- Contribute to the development of customized marketing materials for individual prospective members;
- Manage membership inquiries and asses how best to respond proactively across MFA teams;
- Oversee the organization’s CRM database to ensure accurate data capture and broad adoption across the MFA organization;
- Establish new member relationships across various industry segments and geographies, including United States and Europe;
- Conduct market research to track and prioritize potential members;
- Support MFA team in the management of existing member relationships;
- Be a relentless advocate for the member experience, working collaboratively across the organization’s functional areas, while understanding how to drive business and mission priorities;
- Apply market intelligence, best practices, and association research to develop and implement innovative strategies to meet the established annual membership goals; and
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA and/or CAIA designation desirable.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in a client-driven organization, that includes managing the full sales and relationship management life cycle.
- Experience in working with fund managers, intermediaries and institutional investors.
- Achieve rapid fluency in major policy priorities of MFA members firms.
- Ability to contribute data-driven insight into member development activities, working fluently with CRM across the organization.
- Experience with multiple industry databases (i.e. HFR, Preqin, Barclay Hedge) is required; proficient skills using MS Office Suite.
- Driven self-starter who works effectively and efficiently with colleagues and members at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills with commitment to a high-level of customer service and follow-up.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with tact and ability to creatively solve problems and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Travel is required.