Manager, Sponsorships and Conferences
Position Title: Manager, Sponsorships and Conferences
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Managing Director, Head of Conferences and Events
Position Summary: MFA is seeking a Manager, Sponsorships and Conferences will work with the Managing Director, Sponsorships and Conferences and other teams on the execution of MFA’s main conferences in New York, Chicago, Miami, California, London and the EU. They will also help to organize MFA seminars, committee meetings, forums and partner events in both New York and Washington, D.C.
The manager will coordinate and manage sponsorship and registration platforms for our global conferences. In addition, engage with the Association’s Board of Directors and members directly in coordinating these events and in a client service capacity. This role will work closely with the Managing Director, Sponsorships and Conferences on registration, budgeting and execution of all Association conferences as well as seminars and events.
- Work with Association management team on membership initiatives linked to all conferences.
- Lead logistics for all sponsor benefit fulfillment (15-25 sponsors per conference) including communications and collection for event deadlines and deliverables.
- Conduct and join sponsorship outreach and engagement calls / meetings.
- Manage sponsor recruitment collateral and materials for confirmed and potential conference engagement.
- Conference platform management (execution pre-conference and on-site) including supervision of registration, speaker communication, and collection of company materials.
- Collaborate with creative vendors to develop program collateral and branding, including the management of sponsor print and digital collateral.
- Manage all onsite event logistics including hotel room block, staffing, vendors, transportation, off-sites and contract deadlines.
- Liaison for vendor contracts and manage selected vendor relationships.
- Assists in the development of a marketing plan for individual conferences, events, and webinars.
- Assists in budgeting for major conferences.
- Develop reporting methods in CRM (Impexium) to monitor and improve performance by defining, tracking, and analyzing event metrics.
- Manage outside vendor and consultant relationships related to CRM, events web services, design and data partnerships.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum 4 years of conference or events planning, preferably with a financial services organization.
- Experience in managing event registration and CRMs.
- Event budgeting and accounting experience.
- Experience in supporting the development and execution of programming for events focused on the financial services space and a solid understanding of the investor, fund manager and consultant universe.
- Excellent knowledge of the latest communication channels and trends (social media, interactive portals, etc.) and tactics for effective use of each.
- Superior writing, editing, and verbal presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exemplary organization and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a focus on member and attendee service.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to learn membership databases and manage website using a basic content management system.