Position Title: Intern, Communications
Location: Washington, DC (Remote)
The Managed Funds Association (MFA), the trade association for the global alternative investment industry, is seeking a communications intern for the Summer of 2021.
MFA represents the global alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, service providers including investment banks, law firms, accounting firms, and investors, including trusts, university endowments, pensions and foundations. It is a non-profit advocacy, education, and communications organization established to enable the alternative investment industry firms to participate in public policy discourse, share best practices and learn from peers, and communicate the industry’s contributions to the global economy. MFA members help pension plans, university endowments, charitable organizations, qualified individuals, and other institutional investors to diversify their investments, manage risk, and generate attractive returns. MFA is actively engaged with regulators and policymakers in Washington, DC, Europe, and many other regions globally where MFA members are market participants.
- Monitor and report online news and social media for breaking stories and relevant commentary;
- Assist in writing and compiling research for MFA publications and new website;
- Provide coverage highlights of Congressional hearings, regulatory meetings and other events driving news about the financial industry;
- Work with the MFA Communications team to ensure all Association documents reflect the latest industry statistics and trends;
- Contribute to reports on relevant media issues related to the alternative investment industry; and
- Assist with maintaining current and accurate press lists and communication archives.
Requirements & Skills
- The ideal candidate:
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a business, public policy, communications, or other related program;
- Possesses excellent communication and time managements skills and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Is capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment;
- Has experience with social media and digital platforms, like LinkedIn;
- Has experience producing detail-oriented research projects; and,
- Is available to work during MFA’s hours of operation (8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.) for a minimum of 24 hours during a full-work week.