Director, Content and Programming
Position Title: Director, Content and Programming
Location: New York, N.Y. (Currently remote)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Head of Content and Programming
The Managed Funds Association, based in Washington, DC and New York, represents the global alternative investment industry by advocating for public policies that foster efficient, transparent, fair capital markets, and competitive tax and regulatory structures. The key stakeholders the Association interacts with include hedge fund manager members, industry partners, media, policy makers (U.S. and E.U), existing and potential industry investors and the general public.
The Director of Content and Programming will be a part of the larger Membership, Investor Relations and Conference/Events team and will lead the development of major conference programming, panel development and content preparation for all six major MFA conferences as well as selected seminars and peer-to-peer forums. That individual will help build advisory boards for all eight conferences and will also be focused on maintaining and expanding MFA’s investor connectivity with the institutional allocator community. The Director of Content and Programming will also be responsible for working to simultaneously program upcoming events and actively seek out the most innovative and compelling program speakers under the direction of the Vice President, Head of Content and Programming. The role also includes responsibility for the design and content of the on-site materials and end of event surveys and analysis and preparing scripts and remarks for MFA leadership for all major conferences.
The Director of Content and Programming will work closely with the Association’s leadership team to program content around key policy, macroeconomic and operational issues and engage with the Association’s members and sponsors on various topics. The director will also work with the Vice President of Content and Programming and with the Vice President of Conferences & Events, as well as members of the executive team on all aspects of event programming, thought leadership and partner sponsorship.
- Lead content and programming initiatives for selected conferences, seminars and peer to peer forums at the Association. Develop and execute marketing strategy for each of the individual conferences with specific revenue targets.
- Speaker recruitment and developing relevant, high impact and innovative program content and relevant research.
- Support and build sponsorship of major conferences with an eye toward integrating content and sponsorship where applicable.
- Support leadership in seeking out global and multi-event partnerships to increase revenue for the organization. Build and manage advisory boards for MFA’s eight major conferences in the U.S. and U.K.
- Support engagement with the institutional investor community and audience development for conferences Manage content development and panel preparation for all conference panel participants as well as keynote speakers.
- Lead research for panel and seminar ideas and outlines.
- Write on-site scripts and program materials for MFA leadership for conferences and relevant seminars.
- Write and collaborate on all content for event advertisements, online marketing and social media outreach Manage on-site speaker engagement, speaker registration and panel logistics at each event.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in finance, business, journalism or a related discipline is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of programming, marketing and/ or communications experience, preferably within the financial services or private sector.
- Experience developing and executing programming for events focused on the financial services space and a solid understanding of the investor and fund manager universe.
- Excellent knowledge of the latest communication channels and trends (social media, interactive portals, etc.) and tactics for effective use of each.
- A good understanding of the financial services industry and a history of effective communication with investors, regulators, and/or clients.
- Superior research, writing, editing, and verbal presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-starter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.