Coordinator, Brussels Office
Position Title: Coordinator, Office of the President & CEO
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Reports to: Managing Director, Head of EU Government Affairs
Position Summary: The Managed Funds Association, based in Washington, D.C., New York, and Brussels, represents the global alternative investment industry by advocating for public policies that foster efficient, transparent, fair capital markets, and competitive tax and regulatory structures.
MFA is seeking a highly organized and detail-orientated candidate for a Coordinator position. The coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and organizational support to the Managing Director, Head of EU Government Affairs. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong multi-tasking skills. The candidate must be highly organized, professional, reliable, conscientious, flexible, motivated, maintain strict confidentiality with all information acquired, and have a positive, friendly attitude.
- Provide strong administrative and organizational support to Managing Director, Head of EU Government Affairs.
- Coordinate meeting schedules, organize and participate in conference calls for the executive and respective committees and forums.
- Manage the planning and execution of key meetings, including content preparation and coordination with meeting participants to compile materials, scheduling, and logistics.
- Document and record the Managing Director’s key meetings involving members and prospective members in the organization’s internal customer relationship management platform.
- Correspond with senior policy officials and members in the EU, UK, and internationally while maintaining strict confidentiality with all information acquired.
- Assist Managing Director, Head of EU Government Affairs, with MFA’s EU engagement and business development strategy.
- Prepare, organize, and distribute official correspondence for Managing Director and other executives.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations (PowerPoint) with input from the Managing Director.
- Update internal and external documentation involving members, Board of Directors, and prospective members.
- Arrange international travel arrangements to facilitate individual and group meetings with the association’s members, public officials, and government regulators.
- Provide invoice support and expense statement preparation, to include verifying charges, facilitating approval process, and reporting.
- Coordinate office maintenance requests, receive post/deliveries, process shipments, and maintain office supply inventory. Manage relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Support the development and implementation of policies for the operations and administrative teams.
- Support strong collaboration and coherence across MFA’s international offices.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in executive support at an association, or related experience. Financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Strong computer skills to include but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Concur. Experience with using video conferencing tools is required.
- Fluent English required, French and other European languages desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented culture that values the importance of being a good teammate, communicator, and partner.
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, think ahead, problem solve, and engage proactively.
- High level of tactfulness, emotional intelligence, professionalism, and attention to detail. Eager to learn new skills and have an interest in EU public policy.
- Ability to excel under pressure and is confident handling last-minute details and changes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task projects in a fast-paced environment.