MFA’s strength and ability to shape policies comes directly from the active involvement of our membership network. Every Member increases that ability. We want you to be part of the work MFA is doing to promote fair, efficient and equitable markets for you and the investors you represent.
Benefits of Membership:
MFA helps our Members meet the challenges – and seize emerging opportunities – in an ever-changing legislative and regulatory environment. Providing topical seminars, pertinent operations forums, and industry-leading conferences is a key part of that effort.
But Members often cite the power of the MFA network as a key benefit of Membership. As the world’s largest hedge fund trade association, MFA’s extensive network of fund managers give Members the ability to engage directly with one’s peers and share best practices through in-person manager-led roundtable discussions, member surveys and access to the industry’s most senior counterparties and leading service providers. The peer-to-peer interaction provided by MFA is second-to-none.
Because of our advocacy work, MFA staff and Members are in the room from the beginning – when policymakers are writing the laws and regulators are implementing them – giving our Association not only a working knowledge of the final result but the insight as to why it got there. That unique perspective allows MFA to help Members with the vast implementation challenges impacting their businesses.
As a Member of MFA, you will have a…
- Voice in setting the Association’s agenda and a role in successfully advocating for the industry’s priorities through participation in MFA policy committees. MFA’s policy committees include:
- Communications Committee
- CTA, CPO and Futures Committee
- Derivatives and Swaps Committee
- International Affairs Committee
- Investment Adviser Committee
- Tax Committee
- Trading and Markets Committee
- Seat at MFA-hosted forums and seminars focused on industry developments, regulatory implementation dates, compliance information and other best practices.
- Operational Forums
- Forums are small, regularly scheduled, members-only working groups that meet to promote best practices and professional development through peer-to-peer educations. Forum meetings allow members to take a deep dive on the issues that might not be front-page news, but have a real impact on our industry.
- MFA currently has more than a dozen individual forums focusing on every aspect of fund management, including topics ranging for accounting practices and investor relations to the latest developments in tax policy and regulatory compliance.
- New forums are created to meet Members’ needs as important issues arise.
- Exclusive invitations to hear directly from prominent industry professionals and key policymakers from relevant jurisdictions.
- Past seminars have focused on providing the most up-to-date information on cybersecurity developments, SEC and CFTC examinations, and regulator changes brought about by Basel III financing and trading issues, EMIR and MiFID, as well as AIFMD and JOBS Act marketing and distribution opportunities.
- Chance to partner with top institutional investors, including the elite group of CIOs from public and corporate pension funds, university endowments and foundations.
- Direct line of communication to MFA Staff for breaking analysis on regulatory, legal and academic events shaping our industry.
MFA sponsors five industry-leading conferences…
- NETWORK: MFA’s business development conference where investors and allocators seek out top fund managers. (Miami)
- COMPLIANCE: MFA’s conference where top regulators and legal experts discuss the latest global regulations governing the industry. (New York)
- FORUM: MFA’s flagship conference highlighting education on managed futures and macro strategies. (Chicago)
- OUTLOOK: MFA’s conference to facilitate forward-looking dialogue on critical industry issues. (New York)
- GLOBAL SUMMIT: MFA’s newest conference is designed to broaden awareness of the important role alternative investments play in the European Union and help fund managers navigate U.S. and EU regulatory frameworks. (London)
For more information on becoming a part of MFA’s dynamic work promoting the global alternative investment industry, please contact a member of MFA’s staff at 202-730-2600 or email@example.com.