Earlier today, the CME Group co-hosted an event at the Managed Funds Association’s New York offices that offered attendees advice, expertise, and guidance in advance of the upcoming Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) clearing mandate, set for June 10. The event, “Clearing Readiness Countdown for Category 2 Funds,” also featured a Q&A session. The panel discussion was moderated by Jack Callahan, Executive Director, OTC Products and Services, CME Group, and featured representatives from leading Category 1 fund managers including Capstone Investment Advisors; Citadel, LLC; Millennium Management LLC; and MKP Capital Management, L.L.C.
The event covered a wide range of topics important to the hedge fund industry, including
- Lessons learned from the Category 1 mandate
- Potential legal and operational pitfalls that could delay a fund’s clearing readiness
- Navigating registration, account setup, and platform connectivity
- Delivering portfolio margin efficiencies
- Getting the most out of reporting and tools
- Benefits of early production trades to fully confirm readiness
The Q&A session allowed more than 50 fund managers in attendance to ask questions of their peers and the CME Group experts.
Learn more about MFA’s other upcoming events, including the Forum 2013 managed futures and global macro investment strategies conference, on our Upcoming Events page.